Your privacy is very important to RightBrains (also referred to as ‘we’, ‘us’ and ‘our’). RightBrains offers a unique Platform with the objective to inspire and develop highly educated women in digital technology.
We have adopted this Privacy Notice to explain how we collect, store, and use the data collected in connection with the Platform and/or the Services. Should you have any concerns or questions relating to this Privacy Notice, please contact us:
Prins Hendriklaan 6
3701 CM Zeist
By accessing or using the Platform and/or the Services, you agree to this Privacy Notice and you consent to our collection, storage, use and disclosure of your personal data as set out in this Privacy Notice.
We reserve the right to modify this Privacy Notice at reasonable times, so please review it frequently. Your continued use of the Platform and/or Services will signify your acceptance of the changes to this Privacy Notice. All defined terms in the Privacy Notice shall have the same meaning as defined in the Terms and Conditions.
IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT AND AGREE WITH THIS PRIVACY NOTICE THEN YOU MUST NOT ACCESS OR USE THE PLATFORM OR THE SERVICES
1. Collection of data
When you use the Platform, we collect data relating to you and your use of our Services from a variety of sources.
Data we collect directly from you
▪ Registration data. When you register for an Account, we collect the following data from you:
▪ Email address
▪ Information about your current work/profession, including company name.
▪ Profile data. If you wish to have access to assignments and job openings on the Platform in order to be able to apply for such assignment and job openings or workshops and training courses, including e-learning modules, you need to fill your profile data. Such data includes:
▪ Professional title
▪ Resume content
Optionally you may share the following Profile data with us:
▪ Links to websites or social network profiles
▪ Account settings. You may set various preferences and personal details on your account, such as, communication preferences (opting in or out of receiving marketing emails from (partners of) RightBrains.
▪ Other data you intentionally share. We may collect your personal data if you submit it to us in other contexts. For example when you post User Content on the Platform in whatever form.
Data we collect about you indirectly or passively through the use of the Platform and/or the Services.
▪ Log data. We automatically collect and store data in technical (log) files, which can consist of the following:
▪ IP addresses
▪ Domain names
▪ Browser or phone types
▪ Crash reports / user statistics
▪ Device data. We may collect device specific information such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers and mobile network information including phone number.
▪ Referral data. If you visit the Platform from an external source (such as a link on another website or in an email), we record information about the source that referred you to us.
▪ Location data. When you use the Services and/or Platform we may collect and process information about your actual location, like GPS signals sent by a mobile device. We may use various technologies to determine location, such as sensor data from your device that may, for example, provide information on nearby Wi-Fi access points. We may use and store location data to improve and customize our Services, for example to provide you with job offers close to you. You may turn Location services on or off for your mobile device at any time.
2. Purposes / Use
We collect and use the data as listed in Article 1 to provide the following purposes:
▪ to provide the Platform and/or the Services to you;
▪ to communicate with you about the Services or your Account;
▪ facilitating the creation of an Account and the logon process;
▪ providing support when you contact us;
▪ to make sure Partner is able to communicate with you after you applied for an assignment or job opening as published on the Platform;
▪ to manage our Services;
▪ this means we monitor the Services by internally perform (statistical) analysis on all collected data, to analyze and measure user behavior and trends;
▪ to measure the number of Users for statistical purposes and to understand the diversity of all Users with respect to age, education, skills etc.;
▪ maintaining the Services by keeping the Services secure (protecting our Users) and operational including screening for phishing activities, spam and fraud;
▪ informing Partners on visitors and Users of the Platform in an aggregated, statistical format and the number of views and clicks on the assignments and/or job openings as published by the Partner on the Platform;
▪ to improve the Services and develop new Services;
▪ carrying out (statistical) analysis on the collected data and measurements in order to evaluate or develop new features;
▪ to inform you about the Services, such as letting you know about upcoming changes or improvements;
▪ to address and resolve any complaints you might have on the use of the Platform or the Services including all related services in this respect;
▪ to carry out marketing and sales activities relating to (new) Services;
▪ we will send you our newsletters/updates when you subscribed to our newsletter. You may opt out of such newsletters/updates at any time by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in them. We use Mailchimp for sending newsletters/updates to you. Mailchimp takes customer security very seriously. Since Mailchimp is a US company we have entered into a data processing agreement for EU customers with them;
▪ to comply with all legal requirements;
▪ to respond to legal requests;
▪ to prevent harm by detecting potentially illegal activities and take action in this respect;
▪ to enforce our Terms and Conditions.
3. Third parties
We only share and disclose the data as listed in Article 1 with third parties as listed in this Privacy Notice.
▪ When you apply for an assignment or job opening as published by Partner on the Platform, we shall transmit all relevant personal data (including the complete Profile Data as listed in Article 1) directly to Partner, who is responsible for proceeding with your application in order to enable Partner to provide these services to you.
▪ When we use third-party service providers who help us to provide the services to you, we share and disclose your data, but only to the extent necessary for such service provider to perform their services for us, such as, but not limited to, hosting service provider, mailing service provider, web traffic analytic tools.
▪ We may inform our (potential) Partners on visitors and (the diversity of) Users of the Platform in an aggregated, statistical format including the number of views and clicks on the assignments and/or job openings in general.
▪ We periodically or on request may inform Partners on visitors and Users of the Platform in an aggregated, statistical format and the number of views and all information on how their assignments and/or job openings are being viewed including the number of clicks on the assignments and/or job openings as published by the Partner on the Platform.
▪ We may disclose your information as required or permitted by law, or when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, subpoena, or other legal process served on us.
Furthermore we may only share and disclose any of your personal data after receiving your consent by a clear, affirmative act, or in case the data is completely de-identified and aggregated in such a manner that you or any other User is no longer identifiable.
4. Access / Correction
You have the right to modify, correct and adjust your personal data by logging into your Account and updating your Profile Data.
Personal data may be deleted or removed from your Account to the extent possible as indicated. Some personal data may not be deleted/removed from your Account. If you wish to delete such data you need to cancel and delete your Account
You have complete access to your personal data through your Account and you may export this data in a standard Database format.
Personal data shall be kept and stored as long as necessary to accomplish with the purposes / use mentioned in Article 2. This generally means that we retain your data for as long as you have an Account with us.
We will make reasonable efforts to accommodate requests to delete personal data unless the data should be stored according to legal requirements or lawful business purposes.
All data shall be deleted/destroyed in accordance with all legal requirements and our Privacy Notice.
We make every effort to take all appropriate, technical and organisational measures to protect data against loss, destruction, damage, or any form of unlawful use of the data collected. Such measures shall include an adequate level of protection, taking into account the state of the art and the cost of implementation and the risks represented by the processing and the nature of the data.
Although we will endeavor to secure the data, we cannot exclude all security risks with respect to the data collected and we cannot be held responsible for unauthorized access to or use of the data. We recommend at all times that you take measures and precautions to protect your own data, including by changing passwords frequently and to look at the settings and permissions. For example by using a combination of letters and numbers in your passwords.
7. Cookies / Analytics / Social media features
▪ Cookies are small bits of data that we transfer to your device through your web browser for record-keeping purposes. Similar technologies, like web beacons, may be used to collect aggregate Platform visitation data.
▪ Cookies and similar technologies may be provided by Partners or third-party service providers and may include the collection and tracking of certain data and information regarding the characteristics and activities of visitors to our Platform. We may disclose data, including personal data, to certain such Partners or third-party services providers in order to obtain such services.
▪ One of these providers is Google Analytics. More information on the way Google Analytics collect and processes your personal data can be found on their website.
▪ You may delete and block all cookies or decide to just block certain types of cookie via your browser setting. However, if you choose to block or delete cookies, this may affect the functionality of the Platform and/or Services.
Please be aware of the open nature of the Platform and the Services. Anyone may create an Account and when you choose to disclose data about yourself in the User Content or in any other way of using The Platform or the Services such data that you disclose in User Content or comments, chats or the like is publicly available to all Users. We are not responsible for any personal data you choose to make public in such data.
The Platform and Services are meant for Users who have reached the age of majority of their state or province of residence. That means we do not knowingly collect any information about children, minors or anyone under the age of majority. Nor do we knowingly market to children, minors or anyone under the age of 18. If you are less than 18 years old, you may not create an Account and or send information to us. If we become aware that a child, minor or anyone under the age of 18 created an Account, we will take steps to terminate that Account and delete their Account including all User Content.